Psalm 119:9

Psalm 119:9 - How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to Your word.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

"Try-Again" Tuesday - Hebrews 10:23

(I failed to write Sunday and Monday, so I have "tried again", and succeeded, today)

"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering,
 for He who promised is faithful."

There are a lot of pressures and cares in this world, the bulk of which I have not personally experienced yet,
being as young as I am. But now, especially after going through drivers-ed, I am starting to get real glimpses of
the responsibilities I will soon bear. Of owning and driving a vehicle. Of having a job. And yes, of having and
providing for a family. I have learned much in the past few years about these things, so I have come to this
point understanding that these are goals that I am to work toward. However, it is one thing to learn about and
accept these ideas, and another thing entirely for them to become realities that must be navigated with faith,
prayer, and perseverance.
  All this to say that sometimes, the idea of "growing up" just about scares me silly, but I am reminded that
God is in control, and that if I concentrate on pleasing Him, He will bless my feeble efforts and guide me in
the way I should go.
  My prayer for all of us is that we would indeed hold fast to Him who is the assurance of our hope, even when
we don't feel hopeful. That we would always remember that even though all else should seem a bleak, heavy
burden, He who promised to "never leave nor forsake" us is faithful and will never go back on His promises.

Now, on a not so different note, here is a new song we recorded Sunday:



We had done another, an excellent new song from Blane Jr, but after further review decided to do it over next Sunday. Until next time, Grace & Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment