Psalm 119:9

Psalm 119:9 - How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to Your word.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Diggin' Them Shins!

You know, we've been up here in the mountains for nine years and never have gone
to Shindig on the Green, but we got the opportunity to go yesterday, so I took my 
trusty '70s Yamaha FG-160 to pick along with. B) I was pretty nervous about going
over there with all those other people and playing, but as I started playing along, it 
became very fun!
  They had a bunch of local bands play, and there was plenty of clogging and square
dancing. (None of which, by the way, was done by me. HA HA!) Actually, no one
really took notice of me, except one guy that was sitting in front of us that recognized
the tone of my guitar as a Yamaha that he'd owned a while back! He said that he had
purchased expensive Martins and Taylors, but he always loved that Yamaha.
I really enjoyed being able to just sit back in obscurity and play along with all the
bands, and it was a pretty good test of my dexterity! I'm sorry to say, though, that we
forgot the camera, so no pictures here, but you can see some at the Citizen-Times 
Website. We got there at about seven, and left around nine, but I could have stayed
longer! B)  It was all around a good time, and I expect we'll go again sometime...

(BTW, I'm thinking of getting some fingerpicks, any advice?)

No comments:

Post a Comment