Psalm 119:9

Psalm 119:9 - How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to Your word.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

If It's Broke, Don't Try to Fix It...

Well, I was shooting my air rifle earlier, and all of a sudden, the bolt started cocking
weird and the BB wouldn't come out when I shot it. Once inside, we took the side off
and looked around, and it seemed fine, so we put it back together. We tested the bolt,
and it cocked normally, but when I took it outside and pumped it with a BB in it, the
very same thing as before happened.
   Right now, it's sitting up on my shelf, waiting for us to find out what's wrong with it.
Why am I writing about this? You see, I've been asking God to give me something to
write about, and KABAM, there it is! Isn't it just awesome how He works stuff out?


   Anyway, all this reminded me of something. When we discover that there is something
wrong in our spirit, such as a bad attitude, or a bad habit, what do we do? I can't say that
I've ever done this, but I just bet there's someone out there that, upon such a discovery,
would try and "patch it up" with doing more good deeds, or going to church more, and
oh, different stuff like that.
   What I'm gettin' at is that when there's something wrong in us, what should we do but
take it before God in prayer? After all, He made us, and He knows exactly what's wrong,
and what must be done about it.

         "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and
          supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
          And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard
          your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
           - Philippians 4:6-7

We all just need to keep on keepin' on with doing what those verses say. It's amazing
when you think about it, we can so often forget that our God is an awesome God!

         "But the LORD is the true God; he is the living God and the everlasting
          King. At his wrath the earth quakes, and the nations cannot endure his
          indignation. It is he who made the earth by his power, who established
          the world by his wisdom, and by his understanding stretched out the
          heavens. When he utters his voice, there is a tumult of waters in the
          heavens, and he makes the mist rise from the ends of the earth. He
          makes lightning for the rain, and he brings forth the wind from his
          storehouses." - Jeremiah 10:10,12-13

We serve a living, real God! Think about that thing, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment