Psalm 119:9

Psalm 119:9 - How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to Your word.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Scripture Sunday - Proverbs 23:15-16

"My son, if your heart is wise, my heart too will be glad. My inmost being will exult when your lips speak what
is right."

The Lord isn't just sitting up there on His throne, barking out orders like some army officer. While He is the
supreme commander-in-chief, He knows us (Heb. 4:15). He knows us better than we know ourselves, yet He
loves us. He delights in our obedience, and He rejoices when we seek wisdom. It gives Him joy to see His
children walking in the truth, but His love is not based on our performance. If it was, none of us would get
very much of it, would we? On this, our Lord's day, and indeed on every day, let us praise Him for His free
love and grace, and seek to please Him by walking according to His ways.

Well, that's all I have for now, but fear not, for I have some ideas formulating inside my head, and plan to post during the week. By the way, please note the use of the word "plan" in that last sentence. B)

No comments:

Post a Comment