Psalm 119:9

Psalm 119:9 - How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to Your word.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Scripture Tuesday - Ephesians 2:13

"But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ."


Under the old covenant, the Israelite people were God's people; His chosen race that was shown the way of
salvation. Us gentiles were pretty much left on our own! Yet through the sacrifice of Christ on the cross,
we "who once were far off have been brought near". I believe that this is spoken of in Isaiah 43:18-21:

'"Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old.
Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.
The wild beasts will honor me, the jackals and the ostriches,
for I give water in the wilderness, rivers in the desert,
to give drink to my chosen people,
the people whom I formed for myself that they might declare my praise."'

Jackals and ostriches are mentioned throughout the bible in relation to despair and cruelty, yet here they
honor God! Were there was once death and corruption, there shall be life. And His people shall declare
His praise. Let us never forget that we were once far off, far from the promise of life, far from God. Christ's
blood was the only sufficient sacrifice that could atone for our sins and make us upright in God's eyes. By His grace have we been grafted in, made one people in Christ. Again I say, let us never forget what mercy He has
shown by offering us this salvation; we who were by our nature alien to the things of God, and who were
rightfully condemned to Hell. This is our God, the One whom we serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment