Psalm 119:9

Psalm 119:9 - How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to Your word.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A New Year and a New Song

I know, I haven't posted in a coon's age. I won't make any lousy excuses, either; I've just been procrastinating.
Anyway, I don't have anything prepared for this post, but I do have a thought or two.
  The dawn of a new year is a milestone, a marker. Why don't we take some time to think about where we were
a year ago? Prayerfully consider how we've changed, how we've progressed (or regressed), and what lessons
we might take from the experience. Instead of making resolutions that we may or may not be able to keep, why
don't we pray that God would show us our faults, and give us the faith/strength to follow Him?
  Lastly, I believe we should look on this occasion as an act of God's mercy; having extended this age another
year and given more people the chance to repent and believe, and as a further opportunity to preach the gospel
to all men. Let us serve the Lord with bold and willing hearts in 2013!

(Here is our latest song, a cover from Indelible Grace's new album)



Before I forget, I hope all you internet people had a wonderful Christmas, and, what else, a happy New Year!

"But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness." - Lamentations 3:21-23

No comments:

Post a Comment